We have an immediate need for tutors in all subjects:
- foreign language;
- SAT and ACT tutors.
There is a particular need for test-prep tutors and tutors capable of teaching high level math, including AP and honors courses.
Please email a resume and include a brief statement describing your interest and abilities for tutoring.
- Subject mastery in some or all of the following subjects, including honors and AP level: Algebra, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-calculus, Calculus, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Literature, Writing, History, and Spanish.
- Availability to tutor several students (i.e. work with multiple students individually at different times during the week, not work with a group of students at one time).
- Ability to tutor (or willingness to be trained) for the SAT and ACT exams preferred.
- College degree strongly preferred, but will consider current college students with strong academic backgrounds.
- Transportation. Tutoring is completed in the students’ homes, so tutors must transport themselves.
- Self-starter mentality. Tutors utilize their own teaching methods and materials and schedule tutoring sessions directly with families.
About Academic Impact
Academic Impact has been tutoring Sacramento students since 2008, providing in-home, personalized tutoring for students in all subjects and grade levels, including honors and AP courses. Academic Impact offers test prep for the SAT, ACT, and other standardized tests, as well as college counseling services to assist students during the college admissions process. Academic Impact emphasizes mentorship and encourages diligence and self-reflection during the academic and admissions processes.